Saturday, December 20, 2008

Funny Face Photography... Have you heard of them?



A year ago, I attended a "What Kids Want Expo" at the Dixie Center and met a local photographer Deborah Ouzts of Funny Face Photography.   Hanging in her booth was a large framed canvas of a photo much like the one above.  It was breathtaking!!!

I saw it and I wanted it!  Only I wanted a silhouette shot of my family, just like the one I was staring at in the booth.  I was VERY impressed with all the photos that were chosen to display.  The photos were not only gorgeous, but full of life and personality.   I booked Funny Face Photograhy for our McBride family reunion held in St. George, Utah in November of 2007.  

We had a large group, about 27 people-Grandpa, Grandma, their 8 kids, spouses and grandchildren.  Mike and Deb are a great team, easy going, and brought the best out of the small children in the group.  They showed up early and were prepared for us when we arrived.  They took shoots of the whole group, individual families, couples, and grandchildren.  They gave everyone digital copies of all the images.

This year, the siblings all got together and printed one of the family prints on a large canvas and framed it for Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas.  The picture at the beginning of the blog is that photo.  Tears came to grandma and grandpa's eyes when they first saw the photo.   Grandpa said, "This is timeless!"  Grandma just covered her heart with her hands.  She was speechless and crying!

I, too, have this photo printed on Canvas (by PRINT IT on Main Street) and framed displayed in my home.  My print is 24 by 36 inches and is the focal point in the room.  It is a timeless piece of art that I will always treasure.  

One of the best things about living in St. George, is having the opportunity to meet and work with people like Mike and Deb Ouzts of Funny Face Photography (and Nathan of Print It).  They provided excellent service, went above and beyond the call of duty.  They showed up on time, provided digital copies of all the images to all 9 siblings, and were positive and fun people to work with.  

If anyone needs a photographer for a family photo, for weddings, or any event, I recommend Funny Face Photography.  Check out more of their amazing images at funnyfacephoto.com.  There phone number is 435. 467.4321.  

Mike and Deb, You are Awesome.  Keep up the Great Work!  

P.S.  Nathan at Print It is also AMAZING!  

If you have a digital image you need printed on photo paper or on canvas, go talk to Nathan at Print it!  He provided a high quality product at an affordable price, along with great friendly customer service.  

Print It--- is located at 55 North Main in St. George.  The phone number is 435.652.1005.

Check out Nathan's photography in the shop next door!  He does Beautiful Work!  Perfect for any home in St. George.  

1 comment:

  1. Jennie, that is an amazing photo. I went through and am pretty sure I can identify all of the people, just by their silhouettes! I love all of you! Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete